MBA in Strategic Management is designed to provide in-depth knowledge and understanding of the various aspect of strategic management within the organizational context. It provides a rich collaborative learning experience where learner exchange views with other participants, interact with research-active tutors and are challenged to become a reflective manager.
The MBA in Strategic Management also provides learners with realistic and appropriate career-related guidance for early 21st-century employment markets.
1. Research Methodology
To provide learners with the competence to proffer solutions to problems arising in relation to leadership, management, and development of human resources within the organizational contexts. Learners will be enabled to appraise the effectiveness of organizational strategies, processes, and practices in efficient and effective leadership and management, also the contribution of HRM/HRD practitioners to organizational change.
Be able to formulate a research proposal relating to strategic business development
Be able to use different research methodologies to gather sufficient and valid data
Be able to present research findings in an appropriate format for a target audience
Be able to evaluate your own skills while undertaking research.
2. Strategic Change Management
The aim of this unit is to develop learners’ understanding of classic and contemporary theories of change management and how they apply to contemporary organizations in the globalized world, with the identification and use of change models. Learners will understand the personal characteristics of change agents as well as the evaluation and development of leadership skills to meet current and future change management roles.
- Be able to evaluate change agents’ knowledge, attributes skills and development
- Be able to critically analyze approaches to organizational change and their processes
- Be able to create a plan and implement effective change within an organization.
- Be able to analyze stakeholder responses to Organizational change
- Be able to involve functional areas in an organization’s change management.
3. Strategic Financial Management
On completion of this unit, learners will have gained knowledge and understanding relating to planning the usage and management of a business organization’s financial resources. Learners will understand the importance of attaining business objectives and maximizing shareholder return. Learners will gain a working knowledge of business strategy design and the production of comprehensive business plans
- Understand the significance of strategic management and decision making to the performance of a business organization
- Understand key financial theories
- Be able to apply stakeholder analysis and corporate valuation techniques
- Understand the role of culture in strategic decision making
- Understand performance measurement systems.
4. Strategic Human Resource Management And Development
The learner will gain an understanding of how the effective strategic management of human resources supports the achievement of organizational purposes in the different organizational contexts. The unit seeks to analyze and evaluate the contribution of strategic human resource management to competitive advantage
- Critically analyze the role of strategic management of human resources
- Evaluate human resource planning in an organization.
- Critically discuss the role of legal, ethical issues in developing human resources policy.
- Plan effective human resource strategies
- Critically analyze Leadership and Management theory
5. Strategic Management
To examine the principles of strategy and change management and provide learners with a critical understanding and ability to use various models of the strategy and change management process and the analysis of internal-external environmental and resource variables.
- Be able to critically review strategic plans.
- Be able to propose strategic options for an organization.
- Be able to create a strategy implementation plan
- Be able to implement a strategic organizational change.
- Be able to review the implementation of strategic plans.
6. Strategic Marketing Management
To enable learners to understand, how to describe Performance Management and its role in running an effective organization? The learner will understand the main elements that influence the performance of employees at all levels within an organization and the ways in which such elements can be managed in a constructive manner. Further to provide learners with understanding to devise and implement appropriate HR practices and strategies that relate to Performance Management.
- Understand how to analyze an organization’s current and future external environment
- Understand how to analyze an organization’s current and future internal environment
- Planning analyze relevant information to recommend and inform strategic decision making
- Develop a strategic marketing plan to realize organizational objectives
- Implementation and control Manage resources to deliver the strategic marketing plan
- Monitor, measure and adapt the marketing plan for continuous improvement.